Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Make a Difference





by Rebekah Martin

How many of you have seen the challenge on the Alz Assn’s website “Do a little BIG thing”?

I took care of my Mother for an entire year and after she passed away, I called our local hospital to provide a change of address as I was still paying down her medical bills.  The account manager in their billing dept stated she remembered me from when she set up the payment plan and asked how my Mother was…  She wanted to know if everything ended as well as it could or if it was rough.

When I hung up the phone that day, I thought to myself “What a huge difference you can make in a small place”

Do a little BIG thing made me think…

The Walk to END Alzheimer’s is a small part of life that gives more back to you than you invest.  For example, when you walk, run, cycle or do other activities, you receive the gift of discovering courage, tenacity and the inner strength you possess

It isn’t what you do that makes you an athlete.  It isn’t how fast or how far you go or haw many personal bests you have.  Its waking up every day knowing that you will take on whatever life has for you that day.  You embrace the challenges – physical, emotional and spiritual – because you know it’s the challenges that make you stronger.

Through your journey you realize you have gained the strength to face it all – the best days and the worst – for what they are: Days, Moments, Experiences

As you set out to walk this morning, remember, Every finish line is a gift.

And because of what you’re doing today, you can expect BIG things!


Walk on, friends.



Contributing Author Rebekah Martin is the Community Relations Director at Pacifica Senior Living in Modesto, CA.

3 comments:

  1. Senior citizens need their attention. And assisted living for mentally ill is also worthy of attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Thanks for sharing how your first week of retirement feels like. I'm looking forward for more awesome things that you'll come to experience. 55 and over communities in new york offers great deal for retirement, I would like to stay there when time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. Here are some tips and guidelines that you should consider if you want to find affordable housing in your area.

    ReplyDelete